DTI-1467 Batch Ovens and Carts
|Product Being Processed||Composite Fuel Tanks|
|Overall Length, Width, and Height||27′-7″ L x 4′-0″ W x 19′-1″ H|
|Heated Chamber Length, Width, and Height||22′-10″ L x 3′-4″ W x 14′-3″ H|
|Type of Heating System||Electric|
|Design Operating Temperature||120°F – 215°F|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||230°F|
|Product Support||Powered Oven Carts|
|Controls||PLC controls with operator HMI, UL listed control enclosure.|
Davron was tasked with building a set of batch ovens to cure long, cylindrical, composite tanks, stacked five high in a vertical arrangement. The customer had an existing system with design elements that they liked and others that were not so good. Davron built upon their existing experience, creating improvements to the less desirable and adding features that would increase the efficiency, performance, and overall ease of use of the composite curing process.
In order to create excellent product, the carts supporting the composite tanks needed to be very special. The long, tall, and narrow carts provide automated load/unload interfacing with the customers unique tanks transfer system, as well as the ability to pressurize and rotate all five tanks while in the oven at cure temperature to maintain centricity while curing. Further automation allows for single touch adjustment to accommodate up to approximately 120” difference in tank lengths. The oven features staggered horizontal crossflow air circulation. When paired with the constant tank rotation this provides an efficient means of evenly heating the entire length of the composite tanks. Extra care was taken to minimize the total oven system footprint to provide as much efficiency of space to the customer as possible.
Davron Technologies, Inc. designs and manufactures ovens of this type to meet many unique process requirements, including but not limited to, the following:
- Airflow: Designs can be completed to provide airflow from any direction within the heated chamber as required by the product. This particular process supplies horizontal crossflow from both side, from front to back, but it could be vertical up/down, or horizontal from either side.
- Industries Served: Aerospace, composite fabrication, general manufacturing, powder coating
- Materials Processed: Carbon fiber, fiberglass, Kevlar, steel, aluminum, etc.
- Other Processes: Annealing, drying, baking, thermoforming, pre-heating, stress-relieving
- Heating Systems: Modulating Gas Fired Direct or Indirect, Electric, or Thermal Oil.
Davron exists to be the industry leader in non-standard products engineered to meet the customer's need and unique process.
4563 Pinnacle Lane
Chattanooga, TN 37415