DTI-1430 Preheat Oven with Pick & Place System
|Product Being Processed||Insulating pad product and felt type carpet, material used in the automotive industry.|
|Length, Width, and Height||49′-6″ L x 30′-6″ W x 13′-9″ H (15088mm x 9296mm x 4191mm)|
|Heated Chamber Length, Width, and Height||15′-6″ L x 7′-0″ W x 5′-0″ H (4724mm x 2134mm x 1524mm)|
|Heating System (Top)||Modulating Natural Gas Fired Burner|
|Heating System (Bottom)||IR Heater Bank|
|Operating Temperature||380°-450°F (193°-232°C)|
|Max. Operating Temperature||500°F (260°C)|
|Product Support||Indexing Pick and Place system for loading the product onto a fixed indexing conveyor for the oven. The product leaves then oven and then goes to a Transfer Shuttle which delivers the product to a forming press.|
|Controls||PLC control with operator HMI, UL listed control enclosure.|
Our customer wanted to place the products on an indexing conveyor that would move the product into the heated chambers for process. The heated air in the Oven is forced through the insulation pad with a vertical down airflow. The airflow design provides efficiency in regards to process time and uniformity.
The DTI-1430 provides a vertical down airflow to heat this particular product. The design velocity accounts for the pressure drop through the product to provide an efficient process. The systems conveyors provide a stable surface to support the product and is open to allow process air to flow freely through the product. The design of the conveyors allow the customer to load and unload product easily and the belts travel approximately 8 feet in just 6 seconds to move into and out of the heated chamber quickly. The oven system design does not required any special foundations or floor pits for installation. The oven and the transfer conveyor system are installed on an existing plant floor requiring no special modifications. The control system includes PLC control of the cart, ramp and soak temperature profile controls, starting sequence for all components and flame safety systems. All functions are controlled from the operator HMI (touch screen) and multiple recipes can be stored for future use for various product requirements. The entire system is fully assembled and factory tested for operational verification prior to shipment.
Davron Technologies, Inc. designs and manufactures ovens of this type to meet unique process requirements, including but not limited to, the following:
- Airflow: Designs can be completed to provide airflow from any direction within the heated chamber as required by the product. This particular process is vertical up and down airflow but it can be horizontal from either side.
- Industries Served: Automotive, Insulate and Carpet Manufacturing/Regeneration, or any industry that requires batch processing.
- Materials Processed: Automotive Carpet or Insulating Pad Product, with a directional flow requirement. The oven/conveyor system can also be used for many other types of products and can be designed in any size required.
- Other Processes: Preheating, Curing, Drying, Solvent Drying, Bonding
- Heating Systems: Modulating Gas Fired Direct or Indirect, Electric, or Thermal Oil
Davron exists to be the industry leader in non-standard products engineered to meet the customer's need and unique process.
4563 Pinnacle Lane
Chattanooga, TN 37415