DTI-1360 Batch Drying Oven
|Product Being Processed||Honeycomb composite material used in Aerospace products|
|Overall Length, Width and Height||53′-10″ L (with cart tracks) x 14′-1″ W x 12′-3″ H (16410mm x 4290mm x 3730mm)|
|Heated Chamber Length, Width, Height||17′-6″ L x 11′-0″ W x 6′-1″ H (5330mm x 3350mm x 1850mm)|
|Type of Heating System||Modulating Propane Fired Burner|
|Designed Operating Temperature||300°F – 470°F (149°C – 243°C)|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||600°F (316°C)|
|Product Support||Powered Cart System|
|Controls||PLC controlled with operator HMI, UL listed control enclosure|
Our customer wanted to incorporate a powered cart assembly that would move their honeycomb composite product into and out of the heated chamber for process. Due to the product design, vertical airflow was required to heat the entirety of the composite product. The plenum design provided uniform airflow and heat to the heated chamber resulting in a more efficient process.
The DTI-1360 provides a vertical up airflow to heat the honeycomb composite product. The design velocity accounts for the pressure drop through the material openings to provide an efficient process. The powered cart provides a stable surface to support the product and is designed to allow process air to flow freely through the chamber. The design of the cart allows the customer to load and unload product easily and the cart travels approximately 17 feet in just 30 seconds to move into and out of the heated chamber quickly. The operating system includes PLC control of the cart, ramp and soak temperature profiles, accelerated cooling cycle, starting sequence for all components, and flame safety systems. The customer required a data collection system that included a paperless chart recorder to store all thermal processes for product validation and record. All functions are controlled from the operator HMI (touch screen) and multiple recipes can be stored for future use for various product requirements. The entire system is fully assembled and factory tested for operational verification prior to shipment.
Davron Technologies, Inc. designs and manufactures custom industrial ovens of this type to meet many unique process requirements, including but not limited to, the following:
- Airflow: Designs can be completed to provide airflow from any direction within the heated chamber as required by the product. This particular process is vertical up airflow but it can be vertical down or horizontal from either side.
- Industries Served: Aerospace, Catalyst Manufacturing/Regeneration, or any industry that requires batch processing.
- Materials Processed: Particularly any Honeycomb or Cellular type product with a directional flow requirement. The oven /cart system can also be used for many other types of products and can be designed in any size required.
- Other Processes: Preheating, Curing, Drying, Solvent Drying, Bonding
- Heating Systems: Modulating Gas Fired Direct or Indirect, Electric, or Thermal Oil.
Davron exists to be the industry leader in non-standard products engineered to meet the customer's need and unique process.
4563 Pinnacle Lane
Chattanooga, TN 37415