DTI-1258 Power Cart Batch Oven
|Product Being Processed||Honeycomb composite material used in aerospace products|
|Overall Length, Width, Height||37’-3” L x 12’-0″ W x 11’-1” H (11354mm x 3658mm x 3378mm)|
|Heated Chamber Length, Width, Height||11’-0″ L x 10’-0″ W x 5’-0″ H (3353mm x 3048mm x 1524mm)|
|Type of Heating System||Modulating natural gas–fired burner|
|Design Operating Temperature||300°F – 470°F (149°C – 243°C)|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||600°F (316°C)|
|Product Support||Powered cart system|
|Controls||PLC control with operator HMI, UL listed control enclosure, paperless chart recorder to record cycle for record|
Our customer wanted to place the honeycomb composite product on a powered cart assembly that would move the product in and out of the heated chamber for processing. The product has openings that required the airflow to be vertical in order to heat the product efficiently. This system was specifically designed to provide a vertical up airflow through the product. The cart design provided an easy means to move the product in and out of the heated chamber. The airflow design provided efficiency in regards to process time and uniformity.
The DTI-1258 provides a vertical up airflow to heat this particular product. The design velocity accounts for the pressure drop through the product to provide an efficient process. The powered cart provides a stable surface to support the product and is open to allow process air to flow freely through the product.
The design of the cart allows the customer to load and unload product easily and the cart travels approximately 17 feet in just 30 seconds to move in and out of the heated chamber quickly. The powered cart design does not require any special foundations or floor pits for installation. The oven and the cart system are installed on an existing plant floor requiring no special modifications.
The control system includes PLC control of the cart, ramp and soak temperature profile controls, accelerated cooling cycle, starting sequence for all components and flame safety systems. A paperless chart recorder is included to record all thermal processes for product validation and records. All functions are controlled from the operator HMI (touch screen) and multiple recipes can be stored for future use for various product requirements.
The entire system is fully assembled and factory tested for operational verification prior to shipment.
Davron Technologies, Inc. designs and manufactures ovens of this type to meet many unique process requirements, including but not limited to, the following:
- Airflow: Designs can be completed to provide airflow from any direction within the heated chamber as required by the product. This particular process is vertical up airflow but it could be vertical down or horizontal from either side.
- Industries: Aerospace, Catalyst Manufacturing/Regeneration, or any industry that requires batch processing.
- Materials: Particularly any honeycomb core or cellular-type product with a directional flow requirement. Similar Composite materials. The oven/cart system can also be used for many other product types and sizes.
- Other Applications: Preheating, Curing, Drying, Solvent Drying, Bonding
- Heating Systems: Modulating Gas Fired Direct or Indirect, Electric, or Thermal Oil.
Davron exists to be the industry leader in non-standard products engineered to meet the customer's need and unique process.
4563 Pinnacle Lane
Chattanooga, TN 37415