DTI-1239 Inert Atmosphere Batch Oven
|Overall dimensions||3′-1″ L x 4′-2″ W x 3′-0″ H (940mm x 1270mm x 914mm)|
|Interior dimensions||1′-6″ L x 1′-2″ W x 1′-6″ H (457mm x 356mm x 457mm)|
|Insulation thickness||2″ (51mm)|
|Heat source||Single electric heater controlled by SCR|
|Maximum operating temperature||200°F (93°C)|
|Operating temperature||100°F to 200°F (38°C – 93°C)|
|Airflow||Horizontal cross flow|
|Operating voltage||480V / 3-phase / 60-hertz|
|Control||Set point temperature controller with Ethernet communications|
|Fans||One (1) circulation fan|
Oven utilizes flow meter to control the flow rate of inert gas entering the chamber. Oven also utilizes a pressure gauge for monitoring chamber pressure.
The DTI-1239 inert batch oven is used to dry aluminum parts. The oven is a top load type oven and parts are placed in a basket for drying. The oven door is pneumatically actuated and opens and closes automatically.
The sequence of operation for the oven is as follows:
- The hinged door opens
- An automated transfer system places the basket of parts in the drying chamber
- The hinged door closes
- The high-flow nitrogen system purges the oven chamber based on a predetermined time.
- Once the chamber is purged to the correct atmosphere the nitrogen system changes to constant low-flow and maintains the chamber atmosphere for the duration of the drying cycle.
- The chamber is then heated to 150⁰F and the timed drying cycle will be completed.
- Upon completion of the drying cycle the heat is turned off and a cooling cycle begins. The nitrogen flow can be changed to high-flow during cooling to decrease the cooling cycle.
- Upon completion of the cooling cycle the nitrogen flow is stopped and the chamber is purged to remove the nitrogen.
- The door opens and the basket of parts is removed by the automated transfer system.
- The process is then repeated.
Inert Atmosphere Batch Oven Construction Features
- The oven interior is constructed of 316L stainless steel
- The framework and exterior of the oven is constructed of 304 stainless steel
- The oven utilizes 2” of insulation
- The interior seams of the oven is seal welded to prevent atmosphere contamination
- The oven door is pneumatically actuated
- The airflow within the drying chamber is a horizontal cross flow with heated air being supplied from both ends and returns to through the floor of the oven chamber.
- The oven features a pressure relief system
- All inert gas piping is included
- All inert gas valves are medical gas type valves and are cleaned and bagged
Davron exists to be the industry leader in non-standard products engineered to meet the customer's need and unique process.
4563 Pinnacle Lane
Chattanooga, TN 37415